Shakopee (3A), Marshall (2A) and Bethlehem Academy (1A) are all back to defend their state titles from a year ago. Shakopee and Bethlehem return as No. 1 seeds in their respective classes. Marshall is a No. 2 seed behind 2006 champion Jordan. All three moved on to the semifinals with wins on Thursday. Only one of the seeded teams lost in the quarterfinals as Andover disposed of No. 4 Wayzata, 3-0, in the Class 3A tournament.
Semifinal matchups below:
1. Shakopee (def. Rochester Mayo, 3-0)
Andover (def. No. 4 Wayzata, 3-2)
Friday, 9 a.m.
2. Eastview (def. Osseo, 3-0)
3. St. Michael-Albertville (def. Cretin-Derham Hall, 3-1)
Friday, 10 a.m.
1. Jordan (def. Delano, 3-0)
4. Hibbing (def. Wadena-Deer Creek, 3-0)
Friday, 5 p.m.
2. Marshall (def. Concordia Aca., 3-0)
3. St. Cloud Cathedral (def. Stewartville, 3-1)
Friday, 7 p.m.
1. Bethlehem Aca. (def. Deer River, 3-0)
4. Ada-Borup (def. Southwest Christian, 3-0)
Friday, 1 p.m.
2. Windom (def. Lake of the Woods, 3-0)
3. Belgrade-Brooten-Elrosa (def. Martin County West, 3-0)
Friday, 3 p.m.